Saturday, April 5, 2014

chase your dreams, says Spike Lee

Echoing one of my favorite songs(Sit tight-@2:28, 4:20) at the time I decided to chase my dreams in a more, say, sacrificial manner very recently (i.e. cutting off financial security from myself) it was a pleasure to see Spike Lee encourage emerging adults at today's amazing Solid Ground community building luncheon, which took place on the day Dr. King was assassinated in 1968.

The director's tenor was jovial, funny, and quite a bit less acerbic than I expected; inspirational, because though he cited sad truths (e.g. the school to prison pipeline for brown and black men) he also encouraged new generations of dreamers and artists to live bigger than their practical, protective folks would wish for them. It hearkens back to this recent article that has inspired me as well about San Francisco's old Chinese chasing buses:

No comments:

Post a Comment